Sunday, April 6, 2008

Disneyland!!!

> It was very surreal taking our own kids to Disneyland.  We had very little expectations since we had no idea how the kids would do on the rides and if they would last the 12 hr day.  We just were excited to be there with them and watch them discover and enjoy things.  Since Tucker just started watching Winnie the Pooh, we headed for that ride first.  He did better then I expected in the dark but made it clear that we would be doing no more "dark" rides on this visit.  (oh, but we did take him on Nemo's submarine later much to his dismay) We visited Disneyland twice, a week apart, and went on all the boat and train rides there are.  Oh, and can't forget Dumbo, which Emily loved and the petting zoo with the goats and cow - though I think Tucker's favorite part of that was washing his hands over and over in the sink just his size.  He later found a drinking fountain also his size and was quite content while everyone took bathroom breaks.  California Adventure didn't have much to offer for timid 2 year old so Evan and I took turns riding California soaring (his FAVORITE ride), we enjoyed foot long corn dogs, and the classic light parade.  We also saw fireworks both nights which initially scared Tucker (they didn't phase Emily), but he has talked about them several times since them with much delight.
Every time Tucker sees a picture of a train or boat since being home, he immediately say, "Disneyland!?!"  (=
We bought Tucker a stuffed Tigger our last day and I must say Tigger, Pooh, Roo and friends are now consuming our daily activities! (=

2 comments:

Justinich Family said...

Looks like you all had so much fun. My Evan is into the Winnie the Pooh stuff also. I loved Emily's smile in the pics. My older son loved when there were sinks and other stuff just his size.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, these photos brought me to tears. Seriously! My heart is so full of memories at Disneyland; Remember, this is where Dad and I finally met, at Christian Expo Night! I say finally because we originally met a year earlier at Saylor's Arts when I waited on him. He prayed every day for me when he passed Saylor's on the way to seminary. Disneyland is also our family "getaway" and the passes for years really helped! These photos are utterly precious; The last one, "Sleepy Heads" makes me want to kiss them..they were worn out from so much fun with Mom and Dad! ( I'll bet you two slept like a log that night...after a long drive back to S.D.)Thanx for the walk down memory lane,and the JOY of seeing your kids lovin' it just as much as you did...I have to ask, did you guys have more fun watching the kids have fun, or being there for rides yourselves? Bet I know!